Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ring Still Shiny After Buried in Soil for 7 Years

 Ring Still Shiny After Buried in Soil for 7 Years
This is a true story. In September of 1990 my wife and I were expecting our first child together. We were newly married and were participating in the sport of Spearfishing for Whitefish in the Chatanika River. After we were done fishing, I climbed up from the bank with my bucket of Whitefish and set the bucket down.

I pulled off the diving gloves and unbeknownst to me at the time, my ceramic wedding ring came off with them. After packing up and going home that night my wife noticed that I was not wearing my white ceramic ring. She asked me where it was and I told her I didn't know. Disaster, she was crushed! I was in the dog house!! We returned to the site but searching in darkness was futile. I returned the following day with metal detector in hand. Looked all over the area and could not find it. My wife was really distraught. She replaced the ceramic mens ring with another which seemed to be an exact copy of the original.
This year, 1997 I bought a newer detector, a White's 6000DI PRO SL. One day I was working in the area of the campground where the tungsten ring was lost and made a detour to give the place a quick look. I was at the area not more than 10 minutes when, BEEP, the audio signal went off and the meter moved into a good zone.

I brushed away some dead leaves and brush and there was a black tungsten ring! I picked it up and examined it. Sure looked like my wedding tungsten ring but it looked shiny and new like the day I lost it.
I don't wear my tungsten wedding bands all the time so I had to get home to be sure. I kept the good news to myself until the next day when the perfect moment occurred. I put one tungsten carbide ring  on each ring finger and held both hands up. I asked my wife, "Which tungsten and ceramic ring do you like better honey?" She gave a long pause and managed to say, "You have a lot of explaining to do". I told her the story and she didn't believe me. She thought I was playing some sort of practical joke on her and she was waiting for the REAL story. Well, she finally was convinced after examining the special rings. Now the big question is what to do with a second wedding rings?

More read,www.tungstenjewelryshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment